High technology in over 90 years of aircraft construction
Augsburg looks back on a long history of aircraft construction. The foundation was laid in 1916 by Bayerische Rumpler-Werken. In the decades until the end of the Second World War, the name Willy Messerschmitt was synonymous with aviation in Augsburg. From 1945 up until today, companies like MBB, DASA and EADS have dominated aircraft construction. The commencement of development and production is associated with such programmes as the Fouga Magister, the Fiat G.91, the F-104 Starfighter, the C-160 Transall and the F-4 Phantom. Today, the 2,500 employees on the production side manufacture components for the Airbus and Eurofighter, with civil uses accounting for 80 percent of all production.
Four plant sections
Production, assembly, integration
Programmes and products